Environmentally Friendly Lofts
To make Classroom Lofts, we are always looking for ways to deliver high quality products without damaging the environment. This is not a single thing which makes us ‘green’ but a constantly evolving series of actions that show we do think about the environment and mainly that we care.
Here is a list and some photos of some of the things we currently do. Let us know if you can think of others.
We use our high quality timber as efficently as possible
Our heat comes from waste timber
Solvents are recycled where ever possible
- All our timber and wood products come with FSC/PEFC certification to prove they have been grown and processed in a sustainable and well managed forest.
- We go to great lengths to reduce and reuse offcuts within our processes and across all our brands. This has lead to developing products especially to use up smaller offcuts.
- All the remainder and the sawdust and shavings we produce are used to heat our entire factory and office complex. This means we don’t use any fossil fuels to make the Lofts.
- We use only water based varnishes on our lofts which are safer and better for the environment. There is very little waste from this process, but where there is we dispose of it responsibly.
- The tins our paints and varnishes come in are recycled.
- Where we use solvents and they need to be disposed of, we have a contract with a company who recycles whatever they can and ensures the rest is disposed of carefully.
- For delivering all our products we use a new fleet of vehicles with modern clean burn engines and we manage our routes to minimised the mileage.